HELP in NYC for 5 days

Posted by dr proctor 
HELP in NYC for 5 days
January 23, 2011 03:57PM
Hi all,

I'm visiting NYC in June this year with 6 of my family to celebrate my brother in-laws 30th Birthday and we were thinking of renting an apartment instead of staying in a hotel, 1) for the freedom and 2) so it isn't too expensive.
The problem i have found is that there seem to be so many unscrupulous people willing to take your money and leave you stranded.
Does anyone know of any rental sites which are reliable and or know of any decent mid priced hotels in Greenwich Village, Soho, L.E.S. and surrounding area that I could look at .
Any help would be much appreciated.
Oracle?
Re: HELP in NYC for 5 days
January 24, 2011 09:34AM
The problem is that apt. rentals of fewer than 30 days are illegal in NYC. So you'll see loads of listings, but there's no way to tell whether they're illegal or they simply do not exist.

There are a lot of apt. style hotels (Radio City Apts., Beacon, Affinia Group are a few well regarded places), but if such a thing as a 2-bedroom suite in midtown for $150 a night really existed, New Yorkers would rent it!

You might want to look into a dorm room at the HI hostel on upper Amsterdam Ave., it could be like a dorm party!
February 06, 2011 03:54PM
Got it sorted out, we've booked The East Village Bed & Coffee on Avenue C, which looks ok and it's nearby to the area where we were originally looking for an apartment.
Oracle?
February 06, 2011 06:44PM
Congratulations, that's a great choice. Just be aware that their "treehouse" room isn't insulated against sound, and it can be noisy. If there's a heavy sleeper in your group, make sure to put them in there.
February 22, 2011 03:17PM
Glad to hear that this place is ok.

I don't suppose anyone knows what the best mode of transport from JFK to the East Village would be, as i've mentioned before, there are 7 of us and we were wondering if hiring a limo/mini van would be the best bet as we could all travel into Manhattan together.
February 23, 2011 04:33PM
A hire car would be your best bet and the cheapest. Try Carmel Limousine service.
March 18, 2011 04:25PM
Thanks Marea

I'll check out Carmel Limo's
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 8