Rats in the subway - not always a bad thing!

Posted by Oracle? 
Oracle?
Rats in the subway - not always a bad thing!
December 23, 2010 03:09PM
About an hour ago I was waiting on a packed 59th St. platform for the uptown #6 when an enormous rat decided to stroll along the same platform. There were a couple of screams, and I laughed along with a few other people. I commented, "Wouldn't it be funny if the rat ran into the subway car when the doors opened? Maybe everyone would run out and I'd get a seat?"

Guess what?!? No sooner had I pushed my way into the jam-packed subway and the doors closed, when everyone started to scream. Amazingly, everyone on the car managed to find a spare inch to leap up on the benches. The train conductor opened the doors and came out holding a 2x4. He told everyone to get out of the train. Thankfully the poor rat found his way out too and scooted away, and the conductor got everyone back in and started the train. And I got a seat! Poor rat, he was probably just trying to get a ride uptown.

There were three girls from Perth, Australia near me, taking their first ride on the subway. They all thought it was hysterical, and couldn't wait to get off and update their facebook pages. Welcome to New York!
Re: Rats in the subway - not always a bad thing!
December 24, 2010 07:49AM
smileys with beerthumbs up I'm smiling in WI...
December 26, 2010 08:46PM
Only you would witness such an hysterical sight O. Love it. Can't wait for Sophia to read it, lol!
December 28, 2010 04:38PM
Hysterical, glad you got a seat. Those girls would have loved it, what a great NY story to tell. That could never happen in Perth.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 8