The Four Seasons Restaurant

Posted by bmm 
bmm
The Four Seasons Restaurant
December 09, 2010 10:10AM
Celebrated my daughter's birthday at The Four Seasons last evening, no one knew it was her birthday, we just wanted to enjoy a nice meal in a good restaurant. Well, the restaurant has gone down-hill substantially over the last decade, that is for sure. Our table, my seat especially, was in constant way of traffic..servers, busboys, patrons..my seat and myself, were being hit all the time..without so much as an apology...it gets better than all that...the service was horrible, terrible, someone should inform Alex Von Bidder that he is keeping his restaurant open with tourists and a new clientle which have alot to be desired..not with the "old guard" that used to frequent his establishment...I had to ask for my water and that of my husband and daughter to be replenished at least 7 times...the cesear salad was not mixed at the table, but abruptly brought out to me, no one offered ground pepper...dover sole was another joke....used to make it tableside....not just sent out COLD and so was my spinach....the best is saved for last...I ordered a souffle...before the meal...when it came out it was on a PLATE flat and un recognizable...they had taken it out of the cup and didn't even bother to pour the pear sauce into it...it was a total joke. I think the souffle must have gone flat in the kitchen and they thought they were going to pass it on to me...I have eatten souffles all over the world and have never seen anything like that in my life...it was a tragedy really..The whole meal was horrible from beginning to end..our waiter was the most rude, uncaring, and stupid man I have encountered in many a year...I think someone should look into this restaurant and make changes soon...tourism and low class people in the pool room can only go so far..the reputation of this restaurant has to be falling..I will never go there again...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 04:04PM by askanewyorker.
Oracle?
Re: The Four Seasons Restaurant
December 09, 2010 11:56AM
That's a shame you didn't enjoy it. Have you written the same letter to the management of the restaurant? I would be interested to know how they respond.
December 09, 2010 02:18PM
wow! I absolutely love the place and always leave very happy.
Sure sounds like a terrible experience and I so sorry to learn about it from
this trusted site.

Would you please contact me personally at the Four Seasons, so I can make it up to you immediately? I assure you, we haven't been around 51 years not caring for New Yorkers; I can't imagine how this all came about, but take full responsibility for your disappointing experience.

Sincerely,
Alex von Bidder
I am so glad I read your comments. We just returned from a romantic, pre-Christmas celebration at the Four Seasons and I had exactly the same complaints. Particularly about the caesar salad and the souffle. I only ordered the caesar salad because the Four Seasons is the only place it is prepared tableside (Well, not ANY MORE!). I can ordere romaine leaves stacked on a plate and slathered with dressing anywhere. I too ordered the dover sole and at least mine was filleted at table side but my spinach was also cold. Then, my souffle arrived unceremoniously dumped in the middle of a plate on a gob of chocolate sauce and no cream was offered. The bread basket has gone downhill as well. However the olives are an uptick. I will not be rushing back anytime soon. Sad, because it is one of my "go to" classic favorites!
December 22, 2010 04:34PM
wow, I was lucky enough to go there the other night and I, as usual, loved it and it is still my favorite restaurant in the city.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 8