safety

Posted by Susan Jones 
safety
November 04, 2010 12:10PM
is it safe in the evenings around 180th street? And what about the subway late at night especially on new years eve. There will be a party of 6 adults together.
Re: safety
November 04, 2010 12:49PM
180th Street is located near the heart of the Dominican community in Manhattan, along with a sizable Jewish enclave. The whole section is known as Washington Heights, and is one of my favorite best kept secret neighborhoods of Manhattan. Lots of great 1930's apartment buildings and some great cuisine to boot. So yes, it's for the most part, safe.

I've had no trouble on either of the subways catering to the area (the A and the 1) but of course, you'll always want to walk briskly and be aware of your surroundings. The worst that has happened to me here was an offer to purchase pot outside a subway entrance, and that happens in gentrified Brooklyn. There are some rough spots but you'll be with a group so nobody is going to hassle you.

Given that this is New Year's Eve, you shouldn't have any problems aside the fact that the subways will be jammed wall to wall with people. Best of luck.
Oracle?
Re: safety
November 04, 2010 09:50PM
It's not where I would choose to stay for a NYC holiday. Just be aware that there are lots of scammers out there who rent holiday apartments to unsuspecting tourists who send advance payment, only to find the place doesn't exist. Please, please be careful. If something sounds too good to be true, it isn't.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 8