Grounds for Sculpture!

Posted by Oracle? 
Oracle?
Grounds for Sculpture!
October 30, 2010 07:11PM
I just got home from a gorgeous day spent at the Grounds for Sculpture in New Jersey. It's a 35-acre garden with breathtaking landscaping, an amazing variety of trees, and of course a huge collection of sculptures. Most of the pieces are enormous, and you can interact with may of them. Many are "hidden," so that you're more alert for them. We walked for more than three hours, with huge smiles on our faces the entire time. We also enjoyed a very nice and inexpensive lunch in their cafe.

The park is near Trenton, NJ. You can reach it by car, or by NJ Transit rail direct from New York Penn Station.

Kennedy, I'm sure you must have heard of this place or been there?

[www.ratsrestaurant.org]
Re: Grounds for Sculpture!
October 31, 2010 04:26PM
New Jersey's best kept secret!smiling smiley I love Grounds for Sculpture. So cool, Oracle. Amazing what a band aid empire can build. I use to work in our family cemetery digging graves right around the corner from the GFS which incidentally was the old NJ fair grounds.
[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2010 04:36PM by askanewyorker.
KT
November 01, 2010 02:22AM
I remember reading that previous thread, sounds like a veery interesting place. One thing that jumped out at me though Kennedy was that you have a family cemetery? Wow.
November 01, 2010 03:04PM
I remember a great story on this garden on Sunday Morning. Kazza, I think it needs to go on our list of things to do in June
November 01, 2010 03:41PM
KT
Greenwood Cemetery was in the family for 30 plus years. It was in Hamilton township. I was lucky always had a summer job in high school. Great memories cutting acres of grass, weeding countless gardens and learning how to master the backhoe digging graves.I worked with a very colorful group of men.
November 02, 2010 05:20PM
I grew up in Hamilton near Greenwood. Old Victorians border the one end of the park, along with some less than pleasant modern buildings, including a run down bar called First and Ten.

Shame, Hamilton is a real dump these days. If it weren't for the Grounds for Sculpture, it'd be pointless to revisit.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 23?
Online Users

Guests: 8