Are the back rooms of Canal street safe?

Posted by Sarahsentry 
Let me start off by saying that I know there are many discussions and arguments on this board and others about the ethics related to buying knock-off purses in NYC and in other locations. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I ask that we limit responses to this post to the question itself and not the underlying issue smiling smiley

A friend and I are coming to new york later this month and we'd like to buy one or two knock off purses. I've read several posts and blogs about the stores on Canal street and I'd like to ask about the safety of going into the back rooms where the better purses are. Some posts have just mentioned a back room but others mention going down long hallways and through multiple doors that are locked behind you. We'll be two women and I'm not comfortable having people lock doors behind us but am fine going into the shop and into a back room (and certainly not into a van as I've read on a few posts). Are these back rooms safe? Are there ever stories about harm coming to shoppers? Do you have any tips on how to be safe while finding a good deal?

Thanks!
Re: Are the back rooms of Canal street safe?
October 17, 2010 04:17PM
[www.askanewyorker.com]

have a look through this old thread for some comments
Re: Are the back rooms of Canal street safe?
October 17, 2010 10:58PM
Forget Canal St, go to Broadway between 27th and 30th Sts, you will find more there and the 'back rooms' are safe.
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 4