North manhattan safety

Posted by Nicole Bog. 
North manhattan safety
October 07, 2010 12:17PM
Hi everyone.

I'll move soon to NY, for a couple of months. So I've been looking for place to live. I have an offer from an apartment close to 900 st. Nicholas avenue, as I understand this is Harlem, on north Manhattan.

My question is: how safe is this area? Having in mind the fact that I'm a woman and I'll be going to work alone mostly.

I know about the normal safety precautions I should have in mind, but are there more recommendations for this specific area?

Thnak you very much for time and help.
Not Safe
Re: North manhattan safety
October 07, 2010 04:50PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="[www.youtube.com] name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="[www.youtube.com]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Not Safe
Re: North manhattan safety
October 07, 2010 04:59PM
If you are not from there you had better have a good reason for being there other than "Carrie Bradshaw" when they ask you WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

My fam is from Newark and they do not even feel safe when they go visit uptown.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 18