FREE Jazz at the Mansion on Saturday!

Posted by Oracle? 
Oracle?
FREE Jazz at the Mansion on Saturday!
August 20, 2010 10:27AM
Tomorrow is the annual Jazz at the Mansion concert at the Morris-Jumel Mansion. There is plenty of seating, or you can picnic on the lawn.

It's easy to get there by subway (C to 163rd St.) or bus (M2 to 160th and Edgecombe). If you've never been, I suggest going up an hour earlier to explore the beautiful neighborhood and tour the historic mansion.

Here's a link to the Morris-Jumel site:

[www.morrisjumel.org]

And here's a video from last year's concert:

[www.nycgovparks.org]

See you there!
KT
Re: FREE Jazz at the Mansion on Saturday!
August 21, 2010 01:56AM
If I had Dr Who's TARDIS I'd definitely be there, sorry to miss it yet again. Say Hi to Rudel from me ;-)
Oracle?
August 21, 2010 08:52AM
Will do! I've already been to the farmers market, ready to make heirloom tomato salad. I'm planning to stop at Le Pain for a baguette. Sure you can't make it Kazza?

Kennedy?
KT
August 21, 2010 01:13PM
I'll be there in spirit...smileys with beer
August 22, 2010 02:26PM
What a day! Thank you Oracle...fascinating historical home....a must for anyone visiting....Ask for Gregory Washington who gave the most intersting tour...love the jazz toosmiling smiley Marjorie Eliot is a New York treasure.

Marjorie Eliot of Washington Heights hosts free jazz concert series in her apartment, a gift to NYC

Read more: [www.nydailynews.com]

[www.harlemonestop.com]

That's right! Morris-Jumel Mansion, Manhattan's oldest house, was headquarters to General Washington in September and October of 1776. After Washington's departure, the Mansion played host to a succession of British and Hessian military leaders, served briefly as an inn for weary travelers, and finally returned to its role as country house. And that's just the beginning of the fascinating history of this stately mansion built on a hilltop in 1765.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2010 05:42PM by askanewyorker.
Sounds right up my street...love old buildings and will HAVE to pay it a visit!
August 25, 2010 06:21PM
Glad it went well. Oracle I am forever in your debt for introducing me to Marjorie, the Morris Jumel Mansion, more of my American history, and the lovely row houses (Sylvan Terrace?).

Next time I hope Sylvia's fried chicken is in the mixtongue sticking out smiley
Oracle?
August 25, 2010 09:15PM
Oh, Salsa -- Wouldn't it be fabulous to bring a whole tray of Sylvia's fried chicken to the concert next year? Wow! If you make it to next year's concert, I promise to bring the chickie.
August 26, 2010 10:19AM
I wish I could afford two trips to NYC in one summer! You have me drooling!!

Maybe 2012 for Sylvia's with Miss Marjorie at the Mansion
September 05, 2010 12:17PM
What a day with Marjorie and Betty! I can hear the cool jazz on this beautiful Sept daysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2010 12:18PM by askanewyorker.
December 02, 2011 09:18AM
Jazz in Harlem

Sat Dec 3 11am Free Admission!
Sedric Choukroun saxophones
Bob Cunningham bass
Guest Vivian Ducat Flute
Miranda Sielaff viola
Arthur French poet
Rudel Drears musical director piano and vocals
Marjorie Eliot Event Director
The Church of the Intercession
550 West 155th Street
information 212-781-6595
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 8