Where is Red?smiling smiley

Posted by askanewyorker 
Where is Red?smiling smiley
November 17, 2011 04:51AM
Indeed we miss Red's informative,intelligent and sometimes snarky answerswinking smiley

Re: Where to get a cheap Brazilian Wax in NYC?
Posted by: Red (cpe-74-72-176-36.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 08, 2008 04:34AM

Isn't that like "discount sushi" - a false economy? I wouldn't want the lowest bidder poking around in my privates.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 08:03AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Miss Redsmiling smiley
November 17, 2011 06:17PM
I miss Red too! I should post this on his LinkedIn. When I read Miss Red, I thought you were posting about Little Red smiling smiley
Re: Miss Redsmiling smiley
November 29, 2011 05:21PM
Well ... Williamsburg doesn't really have artists any more. It has the people who follow artists: hipsters, young folk with both money and time, attractive twentysomethings in skinny jeans. They drove up the prices so the artists can't live there any more, but there are still a lot of galleries and probably the kinds of shops you like. You want to focus on Northside Williamsburg, which centers along Bedford Avenue between N 1 and N 11 Streets. If you go a little further north into Greenpoint along Manhattan Avenue, you'll find a Polish immigrant neighborhood becoming slowly overrun by hipsters, but still with Polish immigrant flair.

[www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2011 05:23PM by askanewyorker.
Re: Where is Red?smiling smiley
December 02, 2011 08:00AM
Rego Park is a very nice neighborhood, kind of suburban, very quiet. Depending on where you are, it could be winding streets of one-family homes and apartment buildings. There are some big-box stores on Queens Boulevard like Target, and you're walking distance from the livelier shopping area in Forest Hills. There's also a big former-Soviet-Jewish presence and you'll see some businesses with signs in Russian, Hebrew or even ... it is Uzbek? I think it's Uzbek. You're near the end of the R line, so you'll probably get a seat. Commute ... could be better, could be worse.

Elmhurst is different. It's louder, more crowded, more full of immigrants. There's a certain level of electricity and diversity you feel in Elmhurst that you don't feel in Rego Park. There's also a certain level of dirt and crime you feel in Elmhurst that you don't feel in Rego Park. You're a few stops closer to Manhattan on the R train, and your building is likely to be full of people from Asia and Latin America. The restaurants are divine if you like those cuisines.

I live very near both of those neighborhoods ...

[www.askanewyorker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 08:04AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 9