A Musical Comedy,Promises,Promises

Posted by askanewyorker 
A Musical Comedy,Promises,Promises
August 06, 2010 06:59AM
It's Manhattan. It's the '60s. And the city is back in full swing, in Broadway's first-ever revival of PROMISES PROMISES—starring Emmy® Award-winner Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) as Chuck Baxter, the enterprising associate on the way up, and Tony® and Emmy® Award-winner Kristin Chenoweth (Wicked) as Fran Kubelik, the cafeteria waitress whose romantic troubles have got her down. Don't miss this smart and sexy musical based on the Oscar®-winning Billy Wilder film, The Apartment. The creative team creates a perfect cocktail: the splashy score is by the Academy Award®-winning team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David, and includes such songs as “I'll Never Fall In Love Again” and the straight-up swinging title tune; the book takes turns tickling your funny bone and breaking your heart, courtesy of the legendary Neil Simon, and it's all topped off with a sparkling blend of direction and choreography by Tony® and Emmy® Award-winner Rob Ashford. PROMISES, PROMISES is an intoxicating evening of Broadway magic.

PROMISES, PROMISES has received five Outer Critics Circle nominations, including Outstanding Revival of a Musical, Outstanding Choreographer for Rob Ashford, Outstanding Actor in a Musical for Sean Hayes, Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical for Dick Latessa and Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical for Katie Finneran. It has also received a Drama League nomination for Distinguished Revival of a Musical, as well as Distinguished Performance Award nominations for Sean Hayes and Katie Finneran.

[promisespromisesbroadway.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2010 06:10AM by askanewyorker.
Oracle?
Re: A Musical Comedy,Promises,Promises
August 15, 2010 06:52PM
I've heard wonderful things about this production. Can't wait to see it.
August 16, 2010 05:17AM
I saw it in June and absolutely loved it.
KT
August 17, 2010 04:35AM
I'm looking forward to seeing it too. And a great show for Daveys first Broadway experience :-)
August 25, 2010 12:32PM
I am hoping it is still running next summer with Sean & Kristin
September 24, 2010 06:27AM
I saw it last night and loved it. I think it's the best broadway show I've seen. My favorite, for sure.
I saw it in August and loved it too. I was really disapointed that Kristen Chenoweth did not perform the day I saw it but Sean Hayes was great.
Oracle?
September 30, 2010 12:27PM
Fabulous, fun show!!! Sean Hayes is perfect, I'm so glad he made the leap to Broadway. Great comic timing and a lot of fun to watch. Kristen Chenoweth is delightful. Katie Finneran absolutely steals the show in her brief second act scene.

And what a great surprise to see some old favorites in supporting roles -- Dick Latessa, Brooks Ashmanskas and Sean Martin Hingston, are all wonderful.

What a treat!
October 18, 2010 01:39PM
Sounds like a great weekend Oracle. Thanks for a great review, makes me want to see it all the more
If I go to a matinee performance ....will I be able to make it back to JFK for a 5:25 flight? Any suggestions??
November 29, 2010 06:13AM
That would be no. Cutting it too tight...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 8