Best View of New York City ??

Posted by Darryl 
Best View of New York City ??
April 17, 2010 11:15PM
I am planning a trip to NYC and was wondering which building has the best view of the city for taking pictures? (Empire State building or Rockefeller Plaza) Are the viewing areas enclosed ?
Oracle?
Re: Best View of New York City ??
April 18, 2010 10:33AM
Do both! Top of the Rock has spectacular daytime views of Central Park (which at night is just a black rectangle) and of the Empire State Bldg. From the ESB you get better views of the Chrysler Bldg. and downtown. I would go during the day to Top of the Rock, and then very late at night to ESB.

Both have indoor and outdoor viewing. Top of the Rock has three levels -- one enclosed, the second surrounded by glass panels (with slots in between for you to put your camera) and the top is completely unobstructed.
April 18, 2010 11:12AM
I'm going to the top of the rock for the first time tomorrow, I'll come back and let you know what I think.
Oracle?
April 18, 2010 11:20AM
Enjoy the elevator ride Kelly!
April 19, 2010 10:56PM
Oracle, thank you for your input.

Kelly, did you go to the top of the rock ?
April 20, 2010 10:26AM
oh, boy, I didn't actually end up going. My plan was to go with a bunch of volcano-stranded Brits who I've had over here (work colleagues). But, they all hopped on a plane to Rome yesterday evening so I didn't go. I have no idea how they all made out when they got to Rome!
April 23, 2010 12:21PM
Top of The Rock is great! I have not done the ESB,but the Rock is well worth it!
The elevator ride to the Top Of The Rock is amazing! It's worth the admission in its own right!

The great thing about the Rock is that it gets less crowded than the ESB, and there's more space to move about, and less obstructions.

Having said that, if you've got time, do both.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 4