Manhattan Grid: Do you think it works?

Posted by TPB 
TPB
Manhattan Grid: Do you think it works?
February 24, 2010 10:29PM
A shout out to New Yorkers and visitors to New York alike:

What are your thoughts about (specifically) the Manhattan grid? Does it work for you? Do you find yourself wishing Manhattan had a different street plan? Or do you really like what we've got?

Thanks.

Thomas
Re: Manhattan Grid: Do you think it works?
February 25, 2010 09:37AM
I have travelled to many places in the world, but I think Manhattan is the easiest place in the world that I have ever found my way around, love the subway.
Oracle?
Re: Manhattan Grid: Do you think it works?
February 25, 2010 10:29AM
I love the charm of the winding narrow streets, in the Village and downtown, but I have to say, I do embrace the grid.
I am a far too infrequent traveler to Manhattan and am so grateful that there is the grid system in place, because it makes it so much easier to get a bearing on where I am when I get there. I do get confused when I am in an area that goes by something other than the street/avenue combination.
The grid is fantastic! All cities should be set out like that! so easy to find your way around! I've just got back from NYC yesterday; had a day down in the village and yup, could *not* find my way around! so missed a visit to Patricia Field! LOL Never mind, next time!

Leigh
It works for me...especialy when I've had a few too many cocktails/drinks, it makes finding the hotel a little bit easier, rather than walking round in circles!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 3