1st Time visit to NYC from London UK (Fashion/Music types)

Posted by londonboy777 
1st Time visit to NYC from London UK (Fashion/Music types)
February 01, 2010 09:53AM
My wife (Japanese) and I (Scottish) are coming to NYC for the 1st time. (March)
We are currently trying to choose/find a hotel in the Lower East Side/Soho Greenwich area. Not loud - good location - good rep.
We would be very grateful for tips on bars/restaurants/shops.
My wife is a cool (IMO) Fashion Designer (McQueen/Comme des Garcons) and i am i suppose a Classic Mod/Punk UK musician type. - We like nice food as in good Thai/Korean/Japanese/American? We like Belgian and German Beers and good wine. We would love to discover some cool New York hang-outs for music/fashion people like us ... we are not coming to go for Bloomingdales type typical tourist bollocks or any high level fashion shops - we can get that in London if we needed it (we don't). Our style is more London/Tokyo 60's/70's with a smattering of up to date.
Everyone who knows us say we would love New York - so here we come!
We like finding good s/h stores for hip clothes we wouldn't find in London/Tokyo and also finding interesting objects Americana - 70's stuff etc -any advice would be great!
I can also point any of you good people to great places to go in London - if you need that sort of advice.
Cheers!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 4