Help Haiti, Chile

Posted by askanewyorker 
Help Haiti, Chile
January 13, 2010 06:05AM
Prayers to all in Haiti and Chile

[american.redcross.org]

[www.lightforhaiti.net]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 09:50AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Haiti's Earthquake
January 13, 2010 08:03AM
I saw this on the news this morning, and the whole thing looks awful. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there.
January 18, 2010 11:05AM
Please, if you are able, donate money. I think we all feel so helpless but if we donate to a reputable organisation at least we can feel we are helping in some way.
January 18, 2010 11:26AM
[www.charitynavigator.org]

that is a link to charity navigator...gives reviews of different charities, which ones are most reputable, how much of your donation goes to admin costs and such and how much goes straight to the relief efforts
January 18, 2010 01:29PM
In the UK the official website for donations is [www.dec.org.uk]
January 18, 2010 02:32PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti, I was moved to tears today when I saw a lady pulled from a building, where she had been trapped by her hand for five days ... when she was brought out she started singing...

Leigh x
January 21, 2010 01:09AM
I've just copied this from MSN

"The Haitian earthquake will trigger an outpouring of generosity. This is a classic opportunity for crooks to send e-mails and letters and create websites asking for donations to help the survivors.

The money ends up in criminal pockets instead and, if you've paid by credit or debit card, your account could be maxed out as well.

Natural disasters, victims of conflict and global health issues are the causes most commonly hijacked in this way. Indeed, the FBI was already warned of a number of fake sites looking to profit off the Haiti tragedy.

Look for the Charity Commission number on any communication, then visit www.charity-commission.gov.uk and type it in. If there's no number or you can't find the charity listed, give your money to a reputable organisation such as the Red Cross or the Disasters Emergency Committee."
January 21, 2010 07:14AM
Its a sad time for many innocent people around the world. But lets be realistic Haiti is a third world country, poverty, starvation, homeless, no jobs for people. That will always be, America and other countries have pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into that country for as long as I've been alive, with so much corruption in their government and all the money and help that's been donated still has done nothing to improve their well being and life style. Government must make change for Haiti to advance in technology, medicine and other important sectors. Don't get me wrong I feel for Haiti and I do care about the people and the tragic lives that have been taken by a natural disaster, but Haiti will always be as is or even worse over the next 10-15 years. Thank the powers that be, Americans, Israelis, Europeans and other people of our nations who are over there helping to make a difference, by providing the basic necessities for living. If you donate, do so to the red cross and other creditable organizations.
Re: Help Haiti
February 03, 2010 06:04AM
Fund Raiser

Follow this link for info about the event itself (28th of Feb at Le Poisson Rouge on Bleecker St)
[lightforhaiti.net], other details about the organisers and where the funds are going to are also available on that website.

Please pass on the good news
lightforhaiti.net
February 03, 2010 03:28PM
I note that a re recording of We Are The World has been made and will be issued in the Staes next week.

Featuring :-

Confirmed artists-

Lionel Richie
Bono
Lady Gaga
Jay-Z,
Eminem
Jason Mraz
Barbara Streisand
Justin Timberlake
Carlos Santana
Celine Dion
Fergie
Wyclef Jean
Enrique Iglesias
Akon
Ne-Yo
Sugarland
Usher
John Legend
Natalie Cole
Jennifer Hudson
Jamie Foxx
Miley Cyrus.
Alicia Keys -

Should be an interesting exercise

In the meantime, Simon Cowell has cobbled together this marvellous effort...

[www.youtube.com]
February 04, 2010 06:27AM
Simon Cowell? AKA El Diablo? Wow the Devil helping out in a crisis!
How do you view this Master Deceiver in NYC?
He has virtually single-handedly brought the UK Charts to it's knees Original Music wise in recent years - filling it up with barely talented bands/Artists etc.
Filling his pockets and boosting his ego to monumental proportions.
February 04, 2010 02:08PM
From Yahoo News Page

Stampede For ‘Everybody Hurts’
Posted Thu 4 Feb 2010 4:15PM GMT by Johnny Famethrowa in Touching The Void
As the straight-talking judge of ‘X Factor' and ‘Britain's Got Talent', Simon Cowell likes to play the pantomime villain and seems to revel in upsetting anyone and everyone. However, even his enemies must be impressed by the way the pop mogul has mobilised the world's biggest music stars for the Haiti campaign.

Cowell helped bring together a veritable 'Who's Who' of international singing stars for the cover of ‘Everybody Hurts' and it looks as though his swift action is going to achieve the best results imaginable. Because the cover of R.E.M.'s weepy classic is on course to become the biggest single in years.

According to pre-order figures, more than a million copies will be sold when it is released on Sunday, with both Amazon and HMV reporting an extraordinary response. "This single will dominate the charts in the weeks ahead as the biggest release of the past ten years," said HMV spokesperson Gennaro Castaldo.

The last single to sell over a million copies was Comic Relief fundraiser ‘Is This The Way To Amarillo' in 2005. Meanwhile, Band Aid's ‘Do They Know It's Christmas?' shifted a whopping 3.5 million in 1984. So can ‘Everybody Hurts' break that record? With acclaimed director Joseph Kahn currently putting the finishing touches to a video starring all the big names, anything is possible.

Proceeds are to be split equally between the Disasters Emergency Committee and The Sun's Helping Haiti Appeal.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 5