Accommodation recommendation.

Posted by Phlaaps 
Accommodation recommendation.
November 08, 2009 03:49PM
Hello there.

We will be staying mid town for a week next Spring. Basically looking for cheap, clean, en suite with character. Our price range would be no more than USD130 a night for the room. Ideally with a view and lots of light.

What we don´t want is a hostel. We would consider a hotel, B&B or guesthouse.

Your opinion would be grately appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Accommodation recommendation.
November 09, 2009 12:58PM
So is this asking too much at that price....maybe we should be looking at spending more money...or maybe I have the wrong site for a question like this?

Some ideas please...
Oracle?
November 09, 2009 03:23PM
Keep in mind that taxes add ~15% to the price. Even so, I doubt you'd find anything in midtown for that rate unless it's a complete dump or a hostel. Forget about a view and lots of light.

If there are two of you who will be sharing a bed, consider using priceline. First read about bidding strategies on biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com.

Also, you pay a premium for staying around Times Square, but there's absolutely no need to stay there unless you're going to the theater every night.
November 09, 2009 05:07PM
A stones throw to Manhattan/Queens...rates start as low as $129
Brand new Boutique hotel

[www.ravelhotel.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 06:14PM by askanewyorker.
November 09, 2009 06:04PM
Wow, that is quite the place KM.

Phlaaps, Oracle is correct, no reason and no fun staying in midtown. I never have. I would say "be adventureous" and stay elsewhere, but its really not an adventure, it is very, very easy. Queens is a very quick subway ride.

When looking for places to bid on, be sure to look them up on www.tripadvisor.com and you can see how other travelers rated the hotel, and often see their candid photos. Enjoy your planning!
Oracle?
November 09, 2009 06:29PM
KM, the web site looks great, but read through the crappy reviews on TA:
[www.tripadvisor.com]

Salsa, priceline bids are blind...you don't know the hotel until your bid is accepted, so the reviews are only useful if you make a direct reservation. Still, I think priceline is fantastic for NY.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 7