Avenue Q

Posted by askanewyorker 
Avenue Q
September 08, 2009 06:00AM
Avenue Q - Broadway Show
Final Performance Sept 13, Golden Theatre

I don't normally see two Broadway Shows in a month, but somehow, I completely missed Avenue Q. Their final performance is September 13, and I just couldn't resist the discount tickets they were offering at BroadwayOffers using code AQPBX072.

Avenue Q Cast
Definitely not for kids (maybe teenagers), but I have to go see puppets sing songs such as, "I'm Not Wearing Underwear Today," "The Money Song," and "It Sucks To Be Me."

AVENUE Q is the story of Princeton, a bright-eyed college grad who comes to New York City with big dreams and a tiny bank account. He soon discovers that the only neighborhood in his price range is Avenue Q; still, the neighbors seem nice. And would you believe the building's superintendent is Gary Coleman?!?

www.nycinsiderguide.com
Oracle?
Re: Avenue Q
September 08, 2009 10:45AM
Oh, are you gonna LOVE this show! I saw it six years ago, just after it opened, then went back last week to bid it farewell. It's one of the funniest shows, ever! Not nasty-funny, either. The characters -- both human and puppet -- are so "real."

Funny story: a couple of years ago, I recognized someone from the cast on the subway, and I said to HER, "aren't you Gary Coleman?" She was, and we got to chat about the show. But there were several onlookers on the crowded train who turned their heads in puzzlement.
September 10, 2009 03:21PM
Indeed, it is a fantastic show worth seeing and perhaps one of the better staples of Broadway. Even during intermission the merchandise vendors and bartenders wail out hilarious comments like "Puppets are funnier when you're drunk!" Shame to see it leave. If I recall the performance I saw, I must assuredly spotted Mick Foley (of WWE fame) sitting not too far from me on the upper levels of the theatre.
October 18, 2009 05:53PM
wait a second, I'm confused. You say above that this show is over but I'm looking at broadwaybox.com right now and you can buy tickets for new world theater on 50th St. Is this some other version? Worth seeing?
October 18, 2009 10:25PM
The final Broadway performance was 9/13. It moved off-broadway after a 7(?) year run. I'm sure this version is just as good! Definitely worth a see!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 12