Manhattan Skyline from Queens

Posted by ringo 
Manhattan Skyline from Queens
September 04, 2009 08:45AM
Hi,
We arrive in NYC Sunday afternoon and we're staying in Woodside, Queens. I just wanted to know if it is possible to get off the west bound #7 train before Manhattan (I see Vernon Blvd/Jackson Ave is the last stop before the river) to catch an amazing view of the Manhattan skyline. Would this be a good place to see it? What's the neighborhood like? My wife has never been to NYC before. I'd love to just take her off the train without telling her where we're going, tkae a short walk then turn a corner and suddenly BAM! the Manhattan Skyline in all it's glory. I know this would blow here away. Thanks!
Re: Manhattan Skyline from Queens
September 04, 2009 12:35PM
46th Street aka Bliss would be one of the better platforms for a good skyline view especially at sunset. The colors have been amazing recently. Deep dark reds and oranges lighting up the sky. After taking in the the view there's a cool wine bar down 46th street two blocks away. Across the street you'll find Bliss restauratn which is excellent option for dinner. Very Qauint. Matter of fact Quaint restaurant is on the same street and would also make for a good dinner.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 26