A Day in Brooklyn

Posted by ringo 
A Day in Brooklyn
August 26, 2009 11:26AM
Hi folks,
10 glorious days in NYC coming up and I'd like to spend a full day in Brooklyn with my wife. We fly in from Ireland on Sept. 6th. We plan to take the subway to maybe 3 or 4 different neighborhoods and spend an hour or two in each. Just wondering which ones you'd recommend. I guess what we're looking for is busy little neighborhoods with lots of deli's & bars full of locals rather than tourists. Bay Ridge will probably be one because of the amazing views of the V.N. Bridge. What else will we find in Bay Ridge? Thanks!thumbs up
Oracle?
Re: A Day in Brooklyn
August 26, 2009 11:58AM
Just one day for Brooklyn? Do you realize that as a separate city, Brooklyn would be the fourth or fifth largest city in the U.S.?

Bay Ridge is a wonderful neighborhood. It used to be a big Norwegian community, nowadays it seems mostly Chinese. I went to a mega-Chinese market, about the size of a football field, it was a great experience. The walk along the Shore Parkway (Leif Ericson Drive) is quite scenic.

My favorite Brooklyn neighborhoods are the downtown areas of DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, Park Slope, Coney Island and Brighton Beach. Don't miss the Brooklyn Museum, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Prospect Park, Williamsburg.

Take a tour of the Brooklyn Brewery and go to Brooklyn Bowl for dinner, music and bowling:
[www.brooklynbrewery.com]
[www.brooklynbowl.com]
Re: A Day in Brooklyn
August 27, 2009 10:44AM
www.vittlesvamp.com lives in Brooklyn and often talks about restaurants there. Scroll through and read some of her reviews, and I would eat first or her photos will make have you raiding the fridge.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 23