Hotels for family of 5

Posted by Jess 
Hotels for family of 5
July 20, 2009 12:42PM
Hello my family and I will be coming to NYC for the first time December 19-22, 2009. It would be too expensive for all of us to fly so we decided to drive since nyc is only 6 hrs away. My parents dont want to drive into the city and also dont want to have to pay per day to park. Therefore we were thinking of staying somewhere in new jersey and commute into the city. They youngest one going is 15 so we wont need to be changing or anything so thats why we figured it wouldnt be too bad staying in new jersey. Also hotel rates are much cheaper in new jersey. I was wondering what hotels in new jersey any of you would suggest? Any suggestions would greatly help. Thank you!
Oracle?
Re: Hotels for family of 5
July 20, 2009 02:13PM
When you're comparing the cost savings of staying in NJ vs. NY, you must also factor in the cost of commuting back and forth into NY for the five of you. You will likely be traveling with the hordes of commuters, which isn't particularly pleasant. Plus, you won't be returning to the hotel during the day to rest, change clothes, drop of packages, etc.
Jess
July 21, 2009 01:22PM
yea your right about that! but my dad doesnt want to drive into the city or pay for parking at the hotel. Is there anywhere we could park our car and ride into the city the first day. Also do you know of any hotels in the city that would accomadate 5 people. Maybe 2 doubles and a pull out couch cause I have having a hard time trying to find one. Thanks!
July 21, 2009 06:00PM
When traveling we have often asked for a fold away bed to be brought to our room. Some hotels charge for this and some do not. It's a tight squeeze usually between the 2 doubles, but our room was only for sleeping so no problem. I would check into parking in Jersey for your whole stay and just catch the train in on your first day, and out on your last.
jess
July 21, 2009 06:22PM
okay thank you!
July 21, 2009 07:27PM

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 4