restaurants good when on weight watchers plan??

Posted by WW 
oh, gosh. I've just started doing the points system on weight watchers and I have no idea what to do when I go out, or which restaurants would be "friendly" to go to without blowing the whole diet.
How can you estimate points?? Who knows how much oil and butter are in a dish?
anyone have any tips for me, or good places to eat out?
I try to save my weekly points and activity points for once-a-week eating out (I realize only a few of you may know what this means!)
thank you!!
It sounds like you've joined online. I wish you all the best, but I encourage you to attend meetings in person. The absolute best source of info is from fellow members. You'll learn more from them than even from your leader.

It doesn't matter where you eat, it matters how you order. In New York most restaurants are accommodating to specific needs. You just need to speak up when you order, and let them know you don't want fats. If the portion size is too large, have them wrap up half of it before you dig in. Either take it home for another meal, or give it to a homeless person (be sure to ask for plastic utensils and napkins).

And don't stress too much, if you're only eating out once a week, just be sure you enjoy it!
Re: restaurants good when on weight watchers plan??
June 01, 2009 11:08PM
Also know that you will be doing a lot of walking AND a lot of stair climbing in & out of the Subways...I never even gave that a thought and my first visit I felt like I had been on a stairmaster all day. Maybe there's a NYC weightwatchers point roster for subways.

I usually waive the diet when traveling by rationalizing that I'll walk & climb it off...but you are probably much more disciplined & committed that I.drinking smiley
thanks for the replies, guys.
so far, I've not cheated AT ALL and I am going to try to not use my activity points for food, and I excercise each day, in addition to the stair climbing and walking I normally do in NYC.
Now that I am on this diet, I am really learning that I've been eating like a horse.
Here's a virtual Bravo for you!
Re: restaurants good when on weight watchers plan??
June 11, 2009 08:54PM
Use your points for restaurants that have grilled seafood,and have that with big salad and a nice glass of wine.You will be fine! From a WW member. You can even figure out the points for a meal like that before you go. Skip the bread and have fruit for dessert when out, or a small sorbet.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 4