restrooms with power outlets

Posted by Elibrarian 
restrooms with power outlets
May 29, 2009 08:23AM
I am often on the go in midtown all day, esp. in Central Park. I have a tiny hair curler - not butane - to prop up my drooping Danish bangs, and I need a washroom with an OUTLET. Some of my fave places for a quick freshup (see diagroogle.com for bathroom breaks) are now closed. I used to use the tiny downstairs bathroom at Tisserie (The Venezuelan coffee house on Union Square), and there is ONE washroom upstairs at the New York Historical Society with an old fashioned plug, but the NYHS is going to be closed for 18months. I think the Popover cafe had one, not sure. Its usually older places that have plugs - on the floor for the vacuum, or whatever. I bet it's a health and safety reg. that newer bathrooms don't have plugs.

So - any ideas? Need UWS near the park, or Midtown (I think I tried Au Bon Pain and Crowne Plaza). Thanks, detectives! Mary

[[i] 'facilities' anecdote: the father of the groom, the string quartet, the photographer and moi were standing around in Central Park last week, waiting for the bride. Somebody brought up bathrooms. We all traded our favorites and then a passerby stopped, looked contemplatively at the ducks, and said to no one in particular - "Tiffanys. 5th floor. Nice" - and went quietly on his way :-)[/i]

[WeddingsofNewYork.com]
[elopenewyork.com]
Re: restrooms with power outlets
May 29, 2009 03:40PM
Hmmm, you are a pretty resourceful gal,so I am guessing that you have already tried hotel lobby restrooms?

I would try an older office building. Whoops forgot, NYC is the capital of bathrooms in office buildings being locked, or so my impression is from people visiting being surprised they don't need a key when I give them directions.

The building I am in does not have outlets, it's about 30 yrs old. Our previous building had outlets (I am not in NYC) and is about 25yrs old. The girls were always doing their hair. So not sure if it's a regulation as maybe more cost effective.

I hope someone comes through for you!
Oracle?
Re: restrooms with power outlets
May 29, 2009 06:24PM
Interesting question, I'll have to pay more attention when I'm in a public bathroom. In the meantime, though, wouldn't it be pretty cheap and easy to buy a tiny butane one? They're sold all over.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 4