Food Tasting tours

Posted by AMG 
AMG
Food Tasting tours
May 26, 2009 04:13AM
Hi Guys
I was just wondering of anyone could recommend a food tasting tour of a neighborhood in New York. I have see a few online but not sure which to go for.

Also we are over for a few nights around the 11th - 13th June. Does anyone know if there is anything special going on around then such as special Comedy night or Jazz night??

Thanks in advance
Re: Food Tasting tours
May 26, 2009 12:33PM
[www.foodsofny.com] food tasting journey through an old Italian neighborhood
Join us as we explore the winding tree-lined streets of the historic West Village. Seek out classic "mom and pop" specialty food shops, Italian eateries, and charming neighborhood restaurants.

Learn about the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings that makes Greenwich Village so unique from the rest of New York City. Discover a literary speakeasy from the roaring 20's, the old Italian neighborhood, hidden gardens, the narrowest house in NYC, plus much more!

During this tour you will taste a variety of food specialties that has secured Greenwich Village's reputation as being one of the greatest culinary and cultural centers of the world. Discover the secrets to having the ultimate food and cultural experience off the beaten path!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 12:35PM by askanewyorker.
May 27, 2009 12:22PM
I've done two of their tours...the Chelsea Market / Meat Packing district & the Greenwich village Tour. Here are the reviews I posted on their site.

I loved their tours...they are a bit pricey but their guides are excellent. Here are my reviews from their site.

Chelsea Market/Meatpacking Tour
I made the reservations because my mother loves the Food Network. It did not disappoint, in fact it surpassed my expectations and we were thrilled with our guide Samson. My mother is "mobility-challenged" and uses a scooter. Samson made sure she was not lost in the back and made every effort to accommodate her. Samson was knowledgeable, humorous and entertaining. For anyone who likes to combine food AND history, this tour should not be missed.

Greenwich Village Food & Cultural tour
Last October I took the Chelsea Market/Meatpacking Tour and it was very fun entertaining, & historically educational. Last weekend I took the Greenwich Village Food & Cultural tour. Another winner! Our guide, Michael Karp...having lived in the Village for many years, provided insight that was priceless...not to mention he probably could get side work in any comedy club. Highly recommended!
May 27, 2009 06:43PM
Go listen to Jerry. You'll be blown away....

[www.askanewyorker.com]
May 28, 2009 05:27AM
[www.scottspizzatours.com]
that is a link to a pizza tour, which would be right up my alley, personally. Sounds great!
May 28, 2009 09:19PM
Love it! New York's Cheesieist Tour Guide That is a definite "Must Do" next time!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 5