Best month to get married in New York - May or June

Posted by kezzy2401 
Best month to get married in New York - May or June
May 11, 2009 04:57AM
Hi all, am looking at getting married next year in Central Park and wondered which month is best? Will June be too hot?

Thanks all
Re: Best month to get married in New York - May or June
May 11, 2009 05:52AM
Late May early June or late Sept early Oct.

[www.askanewyorker.com]
May 11, 2009 06:12AM
I agree with the above!
May 21, 2009 11:16AM
I agree with the above, but it all depends on if you can stand the heat or can tolerate the cold too. I have shot weddings in January, July, March etc.... Regardless of the time of year there are always weather risks. kimberlycoccagnia.com
May 22, 2009 03:50AM
Hey thank you for your reply. I want it to be warm enough to wear my dress without anything like a shrug or wrap but not boiling hot. I know it is prob hard as you never know what the weather will be like, but just wondered when it is most likely to be nice and warm
May 29, 2009 08:38AM
We had 18 weddings this May in the park. Several were wet this year, which was quite unusual, as May is usually mild and lovely. I even wore gloves once. Then one was so hot (on Capstow bridge) that I burned the top of my head, and I think the bride was ready to faint, so we had to head into the trees. A planned wedding on the bridge was moved to the Dairy, because the sun was too hot. It was the weirdest May ever. You can't tell about June, either - the weather patterns are changing.

So - dress in layers, bring a pretty paper Chinese umbrella, & always have a 'plan B'. The park is so large, you can always move from shade to sun, and breeze to shelter -- but you can't find a roof easily. The only real shelter is the pavilions by the Castle, the Dairy, the Ladies Pavilion (which is usually booked), Cop Cot when the wisteria is full, the hut by the Dene, or the little rustic pavilions, like Wagner's Cove, though the construction may occlude that, some of the bridge tunnels, the arcade by the Zoo, etc. And you have to walk INTO those locations. We have moved weddings quickly to the Sony and Olympia pavilions (indoor trees) and we used to use the Trump Tower garden - also the arch by Wagner Park (Battery Park) which looks at the Statue of Liberty, and now, of course, you can go to Washington Square Arch for shade or shelter. If you have a backup, the weather will be nice, of course!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 6