photography

Posted by Brent 
photography
April 17, 2009 10:34AM
Where are the best places to get panoramic photos of the NYC skyline? How about great photographic opportunities in Manhattan? Thanks for any help
KT ( aka Daisiegee etc)
Re: photography
April 17, 2009 12:59PM
You can get a terrific shot of the downtown skyline from Brooklyn promenade and the Brooklyn Bridge. Fabulous views of the city itself from the Top of The Rock at Rockefeeler Center and the Empire State. I've found great opportunities around every corner, keep your eyes peeled and your camera handy.Is there anything in particular you want to catch?
April 18, 2009 02:45AM
I am also interested in photography and would like to know if there are any bridges in any of the borough's that are not safe to wonder around during the day/night for some photo opportunities. Thanks for any advice you may have.
April 18, 2009 05:29AM
The four major East River bridges (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, and Queensboro bridges) are all located in safe areas. As is the Verrazano Narrows bridge near Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn. The other less known bridges such as the Triborough, Throgs Neck, Whitestone, Hells Gate, and the stately George Washington bridges, among the many others, are located in less tourist-oriented places but are still reachable. It depends where you want to go.
April 19, 2009 02:59AM
Thanks for the go-ahead on the bridges you mentioned. They are all on my list, as well as Bayonne, Park Ave, University Heights, Roosevelt, The High Bridge, Third Ave, Willis Ave, Bronx Kill Crossing, Madison Ave, Washington, Harlem River Lift, Wards Island, Henry Hudson, 145th, Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges, Pulaski, Macombs, Alexander Hamilton, and Kosciuszko. Are there any that I mentioned that I should avoid wandering around during the day or night? Thanks again for any information you may have to help me with my questions regarding safety in these areas.
April 19, 2009 06:47PM
I think the best place to take a photo of the NY skyline is from Hoboken, New Jersey. Walk down to the Hudson and you get the whole panorama from uptown to downtown. It is a short trip from Manhattan on the Path train.
Brent
April 22, 2009 02:23AM
Thank you all for the info. I will be arriving in NYC today and we are going to plan on going to the Brooklyn Promenade as you suggested and will look into the Path Train to Hoboken. I appreciate your input.
July 21, 2009 10:22AM
July 22, 2009 10:46AM
Thats a great blog. Thanks for sharing!

www.newyorkcityelopements.com

[kimberlycoccagnia.blogspot.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 12