WTC Site

Posted by Big Steve 
WTC Site
April 05, 2009 02:41PM
I'm looking forward to making my 4th visit to NYC next week. My sister is coming with me for what will be her first visit. I thought I'd heard that access to the WTC Site was going to be limited because of the construction. Is the area still open to the public?
Re: WTC Site
April 05, 2009 04:40PM
I was there recently and you can barely see anything anymore, it's surrounded by fences. Still worth a trip down there, though, in my opinion.
St Peter's church right there is worth a short visit, too. [www.americancatholic.org]

this may interest you too:
[www.national911memorial.org]
Oracle?
April 05, 2009 04:48PM
Memorials and exhibits are at historic St. Paul's Chapel.
[www.saintpaulschapel.org]
April 05, 2009 06:11PM
woops! Sorry, got mixed up...st peter's vs st pauls!
when I thought of the place, I could swear it was st. pauls, then I saw st peters and thought I was mistaken.
thanks oracle.
April 05, 2009 09:04PM
Folks, thanks for the info!
April 07, 2009 03:02PM
I walk by the site multiple times per week. It's true... you can't see much at all. The visit is worth it for St. Paul's. What a special and remarkable church! To know that it survived two events in 100 years where everything burned down around it is fascinating. The services that they provided to the firefighters that week were also outstanding.
April 09, 2009 08:50AM
Second the St John's notices - and Trinity Church as well. If you walk over the bridge to the World Financial Center [www.worldfinancialcenter.com] (see the arts exhibit calendar for free events) [artsworldfinancialcenter.com] you can look down on the construction. Also, here's the little newspaper for the residents who live around the WTC with notices of street and transit closing, news about the rebuilding, etc. [downtownexpress.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 4