public transportation to Philly Airport

Posted by Zar 
Hello

I live in Spring valley NY

What's the fastest/cheapest ride ....Bus /train ...etc.....to Philadelphia Airport?

Do I Have to go thru Manhattan?

Zar
Re: public transportation to Philly Airport
March 29, 2009 05:23PM
NJ Transit from Spring Valley, NY to Secaucus, NJ.
NJ Transit from Secaucus, NJ to Newark, NJ.
Amtrak from Newark Penn Station to Philadelphia 30th Street Station.
SEPTA R1 from Philadelphia 30th Street Station to PHL.

If you don't take Amtrak, then take NJ Transit directly from
Secaucus, NJ to Trenton, NJ. Then SEPTA R7 from Trenton, NJ to Philadelphia 30th Street Station.

You might be able to connect from SEPTA R7 to R1 at other stations. Check SEPTA website to be sure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 05:25PM by ieee488.
March 30, 2009 12:05PM
NJ transit is a lot cheaper than Amtrak
Chinatown Bus in Manhattan to Arch and 8th.

Go to Reading Terminal, grab a cheese steak, go downstairs and catch SEPTA suburban train R1 to Airport (Not the Market-Frankfort subway!)
March 31, 2009 08:03AM
With your suggestion of Chinatown bus, you are missing the fact that "Zar" says that he/she lives in Spring Valley, NY. You do know that Spring Valley, NY is in Rockland County NY state near the NY State Thruway?

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
S/he can figure out how to get to THE CITY and take it from there.
March 31, 2009 07:36PM
I don't think you realize what is involved for her/him if she decides to take the Chinatown buses.

To take the Chinatown bus, she/he would have to take either the bus or the NJ Transit. The same NJ Transit train I mentioned in my post.

The bus service is offered by Rockland Coaches which goes from Spring Valley, NY to the GW Bridge Bus Terminal in Manhattan.
Once at the bus terminal, she/he would walk over to the 175th Street subway station. From the 175th Street station, she/he would take the A subway, then transfer to the B or D subway and get off at the Grand Street station. From Grand Street station, it is a 4-5 block walk to 3 Pike Street to take the Chinatown bus.

If she doesn't want to take the bus into Manhattan, then the only other option public transportation isNJ Transit train. Instead of taking it from Spring Valley, NY to Secaucus, NJ, she/he continues with it to the final stop in Hoboken, NJ. In Hoboken, get off the NJ Transit train, and get on the PATH to one of several stops in Manhattan. Get off the PATH, then take which ever subway line(s) is necessary to get to 3 Pike Street in Chinatown.

If any of this sounds easier to Zar, then she/he should definitely do it and take a Chinatown bus.

+
+
+
+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 07:38PM by ieee488.
March 31, 2009 08:05PM
Forgot about using taxis. That would be the most direct way to get from George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal to 3 Pike Street Chinatown. About $29 according to taxi fare estimator versus $2 for the subway.

+
+
+
+
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 6