cheap musician for park ceremony

Posted by zoe 
zoe
cheap musician for park ceremony
March 24, 2009 11:34AM
I am getting married in Central Park on June 20th, and I would like to have some type of music played during the ceremony, preferably string. I don't have a big budget, but I just thought I'd ask...any students out there who need a little extra money?? starving artists?
Oracle?
Re: cheap musician for park ceremony
March 24, 2009 11:42AM
Congratulations! You might want to contact a couple of music schools to see if they have a bulletin board where you can post a message. Juilliard? Turtle Bay Music School?
Re: cheap musician for park ceremony
March 30, 2009 12:44PM
There are buskers in Central Park who will certainly play for a donation. We've asked the saxphone guy, the clarinetist under the bridge by the Met, and we asked some hammer dulcimer players who were playing by the fountain to perform at a wedding this year, and then bought their CD bcuz they were wonderful. Here's a post with the dulcimer contact info.
[elopenewyork.com]
There are many conservatory grads who moonlight. Here's one group we met:
Nina's Music Book: Live ceremony music, all women run, all conservatory musicians.
718-683-1432 memo@ninasmusicbook.com [Ninasmusicbook.com]
Ask the staff at the box office at Juilliard, and you can find flysheets posted there from musicians. Also check Mannes, and New School, which has lots of part-time students. Good luck!

[WeddingsofNewYork.com]
[elopenewyork.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 8