KM, what's with the ads on the messages?

Posted by Oracle? 
Oracle?
KM, what's with the ads on the messages?
February 14, 2009 10:21PM
It looks like the poster is creating the ad.
Re: KM, what's with the ads on the messages?
February 15, 2009 12:39AM
Nor do I have any intention of moving to the luxury waterfront community of Newport New Jersey.
February 15, 2009 07:29AM
Oracle and everyone,
It's something we thought we would try out. It's part of the Google ad sense program. In a perfect Google world the ad should match the question at hand... The Jersey real estate ads are strange I admit especially juxtaposed with French Restaurant Midtown..So basically when someone does click on them AANYer receives some change. Over the course of the last six months I've been selling advertising. Just Bulbs,Dentist,Luggage storage etc... I've been working with a great web person. Soon will be adding Flicker and a Nylog our take on the blog New York stylesmiling smiley
Without $$, well you knowsmiling smiley--it's hard to make the improvements I'd like to see on this site. Always looking for the right partner, possibly a New York media company that 'gets' Ask a New Yorker, came close with The Observer. Soon NBC will be airing our video (new ones on the way), profiles and promoting site on their new 24/7 cable platform. I'll keep you posted when it goes live. We're going on 7 amazing years! Thank you Oracle for sticking with us.
Oracle?
February 15, 2009 08:58AM
I'm all for you making money, and I hope you make pots of it! But I'm looking at my original post, above, and it looks like I'm endorsing Gateway, or worse, that I've placed their ad there, like the NY Knicks troll places the logo on his posts. Either way it's misleading.
February 15, 2009 12:30PM
Yes, I don't mind the advertisement at all (and we all want the website to prosper and get positive publicity) but it just seems very out of place within the confines of the actual message board layout instead of it being off to the side like a typical banner ad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 12:31PM by Blayze.
askanewyorker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We're
> going on 7 amazing years!

Flipping heck? Seven years? I have to confess I thought you'd been here longer than that!

You've now got me working out how long I've been on here, in my various guises!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 18