RE: Hotels near Madison Garden

Posted by Patty 
RE: Hotels near Madison Garden
February 13, 2009 10:09PM
Hi,

I've been trying to search this myself, but didn't see anything.

Wondering any recommendation for decent hotel (willing to pay $200-250/nt) with Wifi near Madison Sq. Garden or the Hammerstein?

THanks.
Re: RE: Hotels near Madison Garden
February 14, 2009 07:52AM
The Pennsylvania Hotel couldn't be any closer to MSG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2009 07:53AM by (n/a).
Eric
February 14, 2009 08:21AM
The Pennsylvania Hotel is a dump. Stay somewhere else.
February 14, 2009 08:59AM
try the hilton garden inn chelsea quite close wifi and good reviews on trip advisor
February 14, 2009 03:55PM
The Hotel Pennsylvania (not Pennsylvania Hotel) isn't dump. It is one of New York's most historic and beautiful hotels. Although it is an old hotel, (and yes, some arrogant whiney tourists will lament that isn't up to speed with the cookie cutter Trump and Hilton hotels of the world) but otherwise it is one of the cheapest places to stay in New York and directly across the street from Madison Square Garden.
February 23, 2009 03:15PM
Thanks for the suggestions!!!
February 24, 2009 10:01AM
I am sorry to have to agree but The Hotel Pennsylvania is REALLY bad!
Worst experience of my life!
The rooms were dirty beyond belief! We waited patiently to have them cleaned and 5 (FIVE) hours later they were still the same.
I admire the architecture, and I am certainly not an arrogant whiney tourist but I will NEVER recommend that place!
Oracle?
February 24, 2009 12:07PM
I've never stayed there, but I've heard so many terrible reviews of the Hotel Pennsylvania that I would advise you to stay elsewhere. The Affinia Manhattan is across the street from MSG and is highly regarded. There's also a Courtyard Hotel nearby in Chelsea (a couple of blocks away), but offhand I don't have the info.

Personally, I would stay in another neighborhood entirely, and take the subway back and forth from MSG.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 23?
Online Users

Guests: 8