Birthday Celebrations / Tavern on the Green

Posted by **Rachel** 
Birthday Celebrations / Tavern on the Green
February 09, 2009 04:20AM
I will be in New York with 3 of my friends to celebrate my 30th Birthday.

We would like to go out for a really nice meal on my birthday and had looked at Tavern on the Green....... Is it worth it / as nice as it seems?

If there is somewhere nicer - please let me know????

Is it true that Bed has closed?

Would really appreciate any help anyone can offer as we would really like to have a great week in New York and would love to enjoy an amazing 30th Birthday........
Re: Birthday Celebrations / Tavern on the Green
February 09, 2009 10:12AM
You will have a very memorable experience. thumbs up
[fourseasonsrestaurant.com]
Let them know Ask a New Yorker sent yousmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 10:13AM by askanewyorker.
February 10, 2009 02:18PM
so, Tavern on the Green is a good choice??

Four Seasons seems to have a more limited menu than Tavern on the Green......

We are there a week, so we can check out a few restaurants but my 30th is the ultimate important night to have fab food, great restaurant and some great bars.........

Recommendations please smileys with beersmileys with beer
February 10, 2009 11:17PM
Tavern on the Green is not a good choice. The service or the food is not worth the cost, although the location in the park is good. If you want to visit there, go for a drink. Across the street from TOTG is Cafe des Artistes which has better food, service and has a great interior. Look at:

[www.cafenyc.com]
I may be a bit of a restaurant heathen, but I loved Tavern On The Green.. the setting is magical. I've been three times, twice had excellent, friendly, polite service and once, not terrible, but just mediocre and not particularly friendly.

I've always found the food to be good, I'd say try it. I certainly *wouldn't* just go for the bar. Two drinks cost us $29 in there!!

Leigh.
February 14, 2009 11:43AM
Thanks again for your opinions on TOTG......

Leigh, im definitely going to give it ago - we'll only kick ourselves for not trying it when we return home.

As you are a bit of a restaurant heathen, could you please recommend some other good restaurants to go to? reasonably priced....

Do you also know of any really nice bars near TOTG and Manhattan area? were staying west, 52nd st.

Rachel
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 2