Wedding Needs

Posted by nancepants 
Wedding Needs
February 02, 2009 03:08PM
Hello;

My fiance and I have decided to get married in NYC. Although our wedding isn't going to take place until October 2010, I like to be organized and prepared so here I am.

We live in Ontario, Canada but will be in NY over Valentine's Day weekend and would like to see as many venues, vendors, etc as possible while we are there.

Of course, do to the travel involved for our wedding and the economic times, we would, like any new couple, like to keep the costs as minimal and economical as possible....

I am wondering if anyone can give suggestions on where to go or who to talk to about the following:

Flowers (bouquets, wholesale flowers, etc)...We already know what we want and have bought ribbon and such for the bouquets, just need the flowers and someone to arrange them...maybe a floral school or something where I can speak to a student who may do it for a reduced cost...??

Hair and makeup....this would be for myself and the wedding party for the day of the wedding...

DJ/musicians - we aren't sure what kind of venue we will be using yet...retaurant, naked space, etc so we may need someone to supply entertainment

venue suggestions...we are expecting anywhere from 50-150 people (hard to tell this early who will be willing to travel to attend) and are looking at restaurants mostly or unique spaces that can accommodate various sizes...not hotels or banquet centers

wedding gown shops - I am a plus size so somewhere that will have things for me to try on would be nice....

tux shops/rentals

transportation

hotels that have group rates

I know this is a lot to ask and it seems like we are starting at square one, but its always nice to have options and suggestions from those who know the city...

THANKS A BUNCH!
Re: Wedding Needs
February 02, 2009 04:19PM
Congratulations! Getting married in NYC is really wonderful and romantic. My name is Rev Alison and I am a wedding officiant in NYC. I can custom craft and joyously perform your NYC ceremony. Please email me at revalison@newyorkcitywedding.org( also take a look at my website newyorkcitywedding.org.

I have been performing weddings in NYC for many, many years and I know great and talented vendors in the city, all who will give you a special discount if you mention my name. Please feel free to email me and i will send you all that information. You can call me also at 917-828-0619. I really will help you take the mystery out of getting married in NYC without charging the big fees that you may get in other places. I know it seems daunting getting married so far away, but the info I can give you will really help you a great deal!Best wishes
Rev Alison
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 6