hop on hop off buses.....????

Posted by purpleplum 
hop on hop off buses.....????
January 25, 2009 08:12PM
hi!
i have been to new york many times, and i am always "harrassed" by the people trying to get me to go on those big red hop on hop off buses. usually i have other plans and have never taken one of these buses.... but also because i don't really understand what the deal is with them. who has done this? and is it worth it? what exactly do you do?
Oracle?
Re: hop on hop off buses.....????
January 25, 2009 08:37PM
Many visitors find the tours a good way to get oriented to the layout of the city. Don't feel harrassed -- just take one of their brochures or visit their web sites to see where they go, and whether it's worth it for you. But if you've been here many times, you've probably already done the touristy things, and know your way around enough to go on your own.
Re: hop on hop off buses.....????
January 26, 2009 06:00AM
I went on the Grayline hop-on-hop-off bus last year when I was there and I enjoyed it. It was my first time in the city and I was on my own so I found it a good way to see the place and get an idea of the lay-out.

I bought the 2 days pass, All-loops for $50.

They guide answers your questions and gives a good insight to the places that you pass, and it stops at all the major areas/attractions.

Though every stop you get off they are hounding you for a tip.

A bus comes along every 10 minutes, so once you're finished looking around one area you don't have too long to wait until you're back on a bus and heading onto the next place you want to go.

It takes about 2 hours to do the full down-town loop, and rouoghly the same for the up-town.

I enjoyed just getting on the bus and sitting on it for the whole time watching as we went, once I'd finished doing the things I wanted to do.

It's not a bad price and is a good way to see the City.

I think I'm going to go back on them when I go next month.

Oh, and you can even get a tour around Brooklyn as well if you buy the 2 day all-loops tickets.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 12