Best places to take my hip mom for a night out?

Posted by Chrissy 
I'm going to NYC with my mom Memorial Day weekend and wanted to find a hip spot where we could go for some great cocktails and dinner. I've been to NYC a bunch of times before but this will be the first time with my mom since turning 21. My mom is young and hip but I don't want anything too trendy. Thanks so much!
Re: Best places to take my hip mom for a night out?
January 23, 2009 04:10PM
If your mom likes jazz, I would vote for The Blue Note. Lots to do in the area of you want to spend the afternoon bopping around, then have dinner and enjoy some great music.

As a mom with a daughter your age...>grinning smiley<
January 23, 2009 06:15PM
Across the road from Blue Note is The Fat Black Pussycat, if you are there on a Wednesday or Thursday night take her downstairs to the Village Underground, the band is fantastic.
January 24, 2009 07:48AM
We love both Supper lower east side and Freemans off Bowery and Rivington You'll feel hip not trendy.[www.askanewyorker.com]

Last night before seeing Frost which is worth $12.50,Can't believe I just said that.... I think we might rate movies by what we think there worth. The Wrestler $8.00 Any ways ran into Angus Mcindoe restaurant Times Square for some matches, we've started collecting them,and sitting at the door, was Val Kilmer, Cindy Adamns...strange dinner companionswinking smileyNo matches to be had.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 07:55AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 5