Adult birthday in NYC ( must be kid friendly)

Posted by Danielle 
My friend is turning 30... its a big one and I would love to plan a special dinner out or an afteroon out to celebrate her Birthday. She has a 2 year old boy and a few of her friends have young children aswell. So, I need to find a place that would make her happy but at the same time is kid friendly and entertaining. I have thought about Dave and Busters, Mars 2112, Jekyll and Hyde, Bowlmor, and a few other themed places but nothing has really been and wow... that will work!! for me.

Help anyone???
Re: Adult birthday in NYC ( must be kid friendly)
January 18, 2009 08:44AM
I live a block away from Mars 2012. Kids seems to love it (same goes for Dave & Busters). I often see families leaving with smiles on their faces... so I have to assume they've had a good time! Haven't been there personally though. Hope this helps!
January 18, 2009 12:51PM
hi....
i am not a new yorker, but i visit there a few times a year.
i have never been to dave & busters - hear it is always packed, but fun. never been to mars 2112, but i have been to jekyll & hyde's.....
altho the place is entertaining, and fun, the food is not all that great, they also have a small menu. the problem i have with that place is THEY OUR OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE!!!!!! the food is wayyyyy over priced. and they tack on an entertainment fee per person. you will spend a fortune. this past summer i was in NYC with my son, my friend and her daughter. i thought it would be fun to show them jekyll & hyde's.
we walked in, they sat us down, we ordered soda's and than he handed us menus..... OMG! we were outraged at the prices. we sat there and didn't know what to do caz basically we couldn't afford to eat there. so after we finished our 4 sodas, which cost us - no lie - $16...... we walked out. it is just not worth it. i was embarrassed that i even suggested going there. and i will never go back.
Alice
January 18, 2009 01:52PM
Hi Danielle,

Some thoughts on kid-friendly restaurants for grown-ups:
Bubby's in DUMBO [www.bubbys.com]
- has a terrific dining room as well as a small room upstairs you might be able to commandeer for a private party
- excellent comfort food
- gorgeous view of Manhattan from it's Brooklyn waterfront location
- recommended for "casual dining at unique but family friendly place"

Sarabeth's on Central Park South [www.sarabethscps.com]
- great menus, esp for brunch
- often has small celebrations that include kids
- a little more grown-up but really lovely
- if you have a daytime event, you can still stroll through the park with the kids across the streets and make a day of taking photos family/friend photos - the photo album would make a thoughtful b-day gift afterwards
- recommended for "nice lunch with ladies and laid-back day making memories with family"

The other party idea I could suggest (though this is more kid-oriented)
- book a birthday party at the New York City Fire Museum [www.nycfiremuseum.org]
- they're designed to keep kids entertained (which actually is a very nice gift for a parent)
- you'll have a private room and can make things as casual or fancy for your party as you like
- recommended for "great story about what i did on my 30th b-day and kids having a blast"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 01:53PM by (n/a).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 10