Moving to NYC!

Posted by Sunshine 
Re: Moving to NYC!
December 05, 2008 08:31PM
You do not need a dog for security in NYC, unless you plan to move to a bad neighborhood. The dogs here are, for the most part, very mellow. They need to be. They cannot be aggressive, because they must get along with other dogs and people they come in contact with on a daily basis. If you live in an apartment building and your dog barks excessively you may be fined or asked to move out.

Dogs are not for every one. They are expensive and require a lot of time and attention.

Dogs are companion animals. You should get one for companionship. It is mutual companionship. If you are not capable of bonding and loving a dog, please do not get one. You will only end up getting rid of it when you see how much work it is.
December 08, 2008 06:07AM
Moving to New York
Posted by: Lindsey (ip98-185-212-199.sb.sd.cox.net)
Date: December 07, 2008 09:38PM

Hello!

My friend and I are planning on moving to New York in June, 2009 after we graduate college. I was wondering what advice you could give? We are planning on living on the Upper East Side. Any advice you have would be welcome in terms of finding a place, where to stay while we find an apartment, finding a job, learning the transportation, etc...

Thanks so much!

Lindsey
December 08, 2008 11:24AM
Sunshine - I would forget about the dog idea. I would also sublet first, and together with your son, find the right place for you both while being getting settled with everything else.
February 16, 2009 07:02AM
[www.yelp.com]

I live in Manchester, NH currently and want so much more out of a city. I'm 22 with an associates in Business Administration, no g/f, work as a waiter at a local lounge 40-50 hours a week. I don't drive and want nothing to do with owning a vehicle. I guess I'll start by asking how all of you ended up in the city. Maye even how you would coordinate finding a job/apartment in a relatively short amount of time. Estimates as to what amount of money would be proper to comfortably get set up in the city? I'm pretty easygoing and adapt to change rather quickly, so I am not expecting to live like royalty anytime soon. Think back to when you were 22,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 07:05AM by askanewyorker.
February 16, 2009 09:38AM
I guess I'll start by asking how all of you ended up in the city.

Be careful how you word what you say because some people may get offended.

Some of us did not end up here.

We were born into families who have lived in New York City for generations.

In my case, my mother is from NYC and my father is from Washington DC.

I have seen my fair share of people moving into both of my cities just to be trendy.

I along with the other natives can spot them from a mile away.

February 16, 2009 09:51AM
As you can tell, KnicksBasketballNY is one of the few remaining Nativists from the 1860's, also known as the crazy bad guys from the movie "Gangs of New York."

eye rolling smiley
December 12, 2009 05:18PM
Posted by: mark (LR-DYN-67-231-166-171.prtcnet.com)
Date: December 12, 2009 11:45AM

i am a 24 yo male from ky...i have lived in Atlanta, ga for 3 years and i have always wanted to move to ny...i was wondering what part of ny or even nj would be the best place for a transplant from down south. also i am a truck driver...so i would nd to be in a area where perhaps there are decent paying local jobs for me to maintain a comfortable style of living

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2009 05:20PM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 6