> ya know i never even thought to go sit at a bar to
> warm up, probably because i don't drink, but that
> does sound nice. i guess i always just went back
> to my room so i could kick off my shoes for a bit
> and plus i always had shopping bags that i wanted
> to put in my room. i love to sit and chat with
> actual new yorkers. they always have such great
> stories about the city.

I think you missed a trick by not going to a bar, or eating by yourself...but at least you made the trip, which given your anxiety you need to be commended! Maybe next time!!
Re: Should I or shouldn't I?
January 04, 2009 07:29AM
purpleplum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey english newyorker....
> yes.no prob.

This is me: thepunkis@email.com
Hope to hear from you smiling smiley
January 04, 2009 11:32PM
i sent ya an email english newyorker..... but dunno if it went thru???
my email is coffeetablestain@yahoo.com
anyone feel free..... i love to chat about new york city. smiling smiley
LL
January 05, 2009 10:20PM
If you're going by yourself, I also recommend going to a show by yourself too. It's amazing how good it feels to do something just for you. I went to an unknown (unknown at the time to me) romantic opera in Rome when my friend had to leave a day earlier than me and after I explored the city on my own by taking a train to other neighborhoods, at the opera I cried and cried all by myself even though I didn't speak the language and didn't understand the subtitles. When I got home, I looked up the lyrics and fell in love with this piece because the woman who sang it had sung the emotions better than the words could describe it. Four years later, my now husband proposed to me after taking me to the same show because I had talked about it so much (but it was not as beautiful as when I saw it alone winking smiley ) That will always be my adventure. smiling smiley
March 20, 2009 11:01PM
ok...
since i had SOOO much fun the last time i went to NYC by myself.... i think i am going to do again in april. i have a major itch to go again, but of course no one can go with me. so rather than deny myself, i will got at it alone, again. my last visit i had a mission tho- christmas shopping. this time i want to go just to go. so i am getting nervous that it won't be as fun this time. i don't know why. so i need your encouragement again my "ask a new yorker" friends... the only reason i went the last time is because i was "bullied" into going by you. smiling smiley (tee hee). so i am hoping it will work again.
March 22, 2009 12:36PM
hello, i've been reading your posts purpleplum about your trip to NYC and that you want to go again, i think you definately should! i live in the UK and i've never been but it's my dream place to go to. especially around Christmas with my sister. i love watching Sex and the City just to peek at NYC and i always look at it on google earth! especially great now they have the street views. so if you get the opportunity i think you should go. grinning smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 13