Another xmas in NYC question...

Posted by purpleplum 
Another xmas in NYC question...
October 02, 2008 12:22PM
Hi,
I was googling "Christmas in NYC" and came across the information that there is a holiday fair at grand central and a outdoor market at union square..... can someone please elaborate on info for these places. (site i found really gave no other info). as in are these during the week or just weekends? are there any other holiday fairs? any info would be appreciated. thank you.
i am planning on visiting the week of christmas....... i wanna xmas shop till i drop!
Oracle?
Re: Another xmas in NYC question...
October 02, 2008 01:55PM
There are a number of holiday crafts bazaars. There's some overlap with vendors, but many are unique. My favorites are Union Square (at the south end along 14th St.), Grand Central Terminal's Main Waiting Room, and Bryant Park. Many of the same vendors as at Union Sq are also at the SW entrance to Central Park at Columbus Circle too, and at St. Bartholomew's Church on Park Ave.

All the bazaars are open the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve. Late in the day and on weekends, they're soooooooo crowded! Go early if you can.
October 04, 2008 10:37AM
WOW... thanks for the info. it sounds great to me. i am really excited to shop this dec. i am going to be in NYC dec 21st, 22nd and 23rd.... right before xmas. will these bazaars be empty/picked over by than? or will they still be full of stuff.
Oracle?
October 04, 2008 11:40AM
They'll never look picked over, the stalls are constantly restocked. But they do get very crowded as it gets close to Christmas.

There's a nice weekly market in a public school (both inside and outdoors) on Columbus Ave. and 77th St. -- it's only open on Sundays, so go early on Dec. 21. Wonderful stalls selling antiques and new things. Lots of gifty things.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 4