Rockefeller Christmas Tree

Posted by Am 
Am
Rockefeller Christmas Tree
September 25, 2008 03:34AM
Well I have planned a trip with my girlfriend to spend New Year's Eve in NY. However, I really want to see this Rockefeller Christmas tree; does anyone know when the tree usually comes down for the year? Thanks in advance.
KT(aka Daisiegee etc)
Re: Rockefeller Christmas Tree
September 25, 2008 07:01AM
The tree is still up past New Year--beware though I have never seen crowds like there were there this last New Year, it was a zoo!
September 26, 2008 07:32PM
I was hanging around one of the side streets of Rockfellar Center in early January, and it was quite amusing watching all the angels, garland, and other various decorations that surround the plaza get carted away by little pickup trucks.
ab
September 27, 2008 01:40PM
Is the skating rink also worth it? Or is it just a place for tourists to go and blow some money...
KT(akaDaisiegee etc)
September 27, 2008 02:37PM
The rink is very pretty and also very crowded. I've taken family members to the Wollman Rink in Central Park which I think is nicer. There's also a free rink at Bryant Park ( behind the library on 5th Ave) where you just have to pay for skate hire.
November 14, 2008 07:15AM
Great story video A Jersey Tree in NYCsmiling smiley

[www.myfoxny.com]

New Jerseys best kept secretwinking smiley This also is in Hamilton Township NJ which is where I worked in High School at our family's Cemetery.....digging graves and gardening...Greenwood Cemetery

Easy to get to from The City
[www.groundsforsculpture.org]

A trip dowm memory lane...God how I loved working there. Cutting the grass from morning to night, digging graves, cutting hedges and weeding,lots of weeding, eating five peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
[www.cmsmidatlantic.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 07:28AM by askanewyorker.
November 14, 2008 11:22AM
Hamilton New Jersey is my hometown, I always drive by the old flower and tree nursery known as 'Tree King' where this monster tree was although I never really noticed it until now. Although just yesterday, there was a nice group gathered about across the street but I had no idea what they were doing. Guess it's Broadway bound!

Looks like Hamilton is now on the map!
November 14, 2008 02:49PM
Now I know how the garden bug bit you. I am guessing you were the "mayor" of Hamilton too. My next visit, I would love to visit the sculpture gardens and/or the cemetary with you and the Mrs.
November 14, 2008 03:21PM
There's plenty to do in Hamilton! Although the Sculpture Garden usually is the most popular tourist destination (not to mention a handful of sculptures scattered about town too) but the not too far Kuser Farm Park houses a beautiful Victorian landmark mansion. Not to mention DeLorenzo's Tomato Pies, the best pizza that even some New Yorkers swear by.

It's a fairly long ride but NJTransit will get you there.
June 25, 2010 05:49AM
rockerfellar
Posted by: susan (94-193-143-225.zone7.bethere.co.uk)
Date: June 24, 2010 10:55AM

when do rockerfellar tree lights get switched on 2010?
June 25, 2010 05:52AM
First week of Dec.

TIP - ARRIVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE FOR THE BEST VIEW

2010 Tree Lighting Ceremony At Rockefeller Center

When: Fri, December 3rd, 2008 from 7PM-9PM (tree is lit at 8:55PM)

Where: Rockefeller Center, Rockefeller Plaza, From West 48th Street to West 51st Street between 5th and 6th Avenues

Directions:
Take the B,D,F,V to Rockefeller Center/47-50th Street station

Take the N,R,W to 49th Street and Seventh Avenue

Take the E to Fifth Avenue and 53rd Street
More Information: 212-632-3975

More Info - [manhattan.about.com]…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2010 05:54AM by askanewyorker.
June 25, 2010 08:18PM
I believe the Rockefeller Tree is always lit on the first Wednesday of December.
"Rockefeller Tree Lighting Ceremony has always been the first Wednesday in December (projected for December 1, 2010) and the ceremony is usually 7-9pm."

[
www.nycinsiderguide.com]

Melissa
NYC Insider Guide
[www.nycinsiderguide.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 16