where can I buy digital cameras on good terms

Posted by Manuela 
Hello,

we will be in New York in October, can somebody tell me, where I can buy a new digital camera (Canon ?) on good terms?
Where are the best stores?

thanks for helping me

Manuela
KT(aka Daisiegee etc)
Re: where can I buy digital cameras on good terms
September 20, 2008 07:44AM
B and H is my store of choice. It's a huge place on W33rd and 9th Ave--check out their website for details of opening hours etc (www.bhphotovideo.com)
September 20, 2008 07:49AM
B and H and Adorama adorama.com

Do not buy from one of the thousands of stores that sell cameras and tshirts!
September 21, 2008 05:06PM
You already have very good advice on where to buy a camera. Where not to buy it is any of the many camera and electronics stores in and near Times Square
Jared the tour guide
September 24, 2008 01:13PM
B & H around 34th St and 9th Ave. The place is an experience! Budget for extra time there; it is big and hectic. It is camera nirvana, if that's what you like.

Willoughby's by the Empire State Building might be good, and so might J&R on Park Row near City Hall and the World Trade Center site...

Jared the tourguide

[www.myspace.com]

jaredg(at)pipeline.com
I visit New York several times a year from the UK and Im a Professional Freelance Photographer.

Stay away from shops in Times Square. They are aggresive in there sales manner. Look at the window displays, they are usually covered in thick dust. What does that tell you about the stock they have.If you do buy from them, make sure the item that you buy is the same item that is wrapped behind the counter and very importantly, make sure you get an international warranty card. also make sure that you get all the exra bits and peices that are supposed to be included.!

Is it worth the saving if any. If you have to return a faulty item, who do you have to return it to? My personel experiance is that you do not save anything worth bothering with. ie: in March this year I priced up a Nikon Lens.Amazon UK price £1150. US price $2050 not woth the price difference, but I have just had a quick search now and the they are cheaper at the moment.

B & H are okay and I have purchased in the past from Cameraland on Lexington Ave NY.(make sure you are getting new and not sales samples)

If you are spending less than £500 at any store dont bother.

Im fortunate that if I have a problem I can return the item to the store on my next visit. But if you are in Orlando Florida for some reason the savings are much better. But like Times Square stay away from stores on International Drive.

Good Luck.

Stuart
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 8