Is anything open on christmas day?

Posted by purpleplum 
Is anything open on christmas day?
September 07, 2008 11:53AM
I am just wondering if on christmas day... is anything open in new york city? I have no real family to spend the holidays with and my 13 yr old son and i usually just hang out on xmas as if it were just any ol day of the week. (well yeh we do gifts but that don't take very long...) so for xmas this year be both would love to spend a few days in new york including christmas eve and christmas day. but i am wondering what the city is like on these days. is it business like usual or are places actually closed? altho i do realize nyc is quite expensive at this time... finding a cheap enough hotel might be impossible but we really do not want to spend another lonely christmas here in MASS in our stupid apartment. (we don't even decorate for the holiday). I think we would be more in the christmas spirit if were were in the most fabulous city in the world!!!!
Thanks.....
I would stick my neck out by saying most of the Jewish places would be open as they don't celebrate Christmas as Christians do.
Of course!!! That is the whole point of New York, that so many things are open 365 days a year. Movie theaters, probably some stores, authentic Jewish-run restaurants, Chinese and other non-Western ethnic restaurants. There are probably some special Christmas-day shows and events as well. This is not the place where everyone is sitting at home with their families. Millions of people in New York live alone, are single and young, etc, and are not Christian. Even on Long Island you can see a movie on Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, New Years' Day, etc.
Re: Is anything open on christmas day?
September 08, 2008 08:13PM
THANKS!!!
i didn't think NYC would be "closed" but was just checking. In my town on christmas day.... it is DEAD! nothing is open, no traffic, no people, NOTHING!!! thats another reason why we don't wanna be here for the holiday. (Is times square shut down on christmas)?
"Is times square shut down on Christmas"

In the city that never sleeps....I don't think so..
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 14