NYC vs LONDON

Posted by no 
no
NYC vs LONDON
June 24, 2008 08:01PM
ok im living in london.. where is better (life, carrier, weather!) ? should i move to nyc? (i need a visa though)
Red
Re: NYC vs LONDON
June 25, 2008 08:49AM
The two cities actually aren't very much alike. The two cultures aren't very much alike either! It's a false parallel. New York is much louder, busier, and less "villag-ey." The people are much friendlier and more honest, but also louder.

They're two good cities, but VERY VERY different.
June 25, 2008 08:58AM
Everything that Red says plus London is much more expensive.
June 25, 2008 01:18PM
I would agree with all of the above. Two different cultures that can't be compared. I love New York, but don't know if I could live there or not. It's a bitlike going to a sweet shop.

At the end of the day it's where you feel most comfortable, and where you think you might fit in.
June 26, 2008 04:25PM
Come to NYC for at least a week and stay in one of the residential neighborhoods, eat in local restaurants, go to local bars, etc. and you will see for yourself if you like it.
June 27, 2008 03:00PM
Knowing both cities well I would live in NYC in a heartbeat over London!

I only wish I could...
Nii
October 28, 2008 09:58AM
There are MANY parallels with NYC and London

Both melting pots (London more so)
Both centres of finance/fashion/art/culture
Similar transport system (London's better overall, but NYC is much cheaper.
Both very expensive.
You can compare many residential areas - Notting Hill/Brooklyn - Williamsburg/Shorditch/Hoxton - West End/Manhatten - Brixton/Bronx - I could on.
When I'm in NYC, I'm always reminded of London.
Both world cities.

NYC is nice, but nowhwere can mix a bustling metropolis with centuries of history on every street corner like London can.
October 28, 2008 11:38AM
The weather in LONDON is worse than in NEW YORK.
October 28, 2008 08:59PM
I would disagree with that, I think that they goth have bad weather but at least London isn't so horribly humid in summer and it is amazingly short in both cities.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 15?
Online Users

Guests: 4