routes to/from LGA

Posted by Lee 
Lee
routes to/from LGA
June 17, 2008 10:33AM
Hi all, I've posted travel questions here before and got great advice. Need some more help. While I've been to NYC 4 times before, have not paid a lot of attention to route taken by driver to and from city. Last summer I did. We left from Lexington on UES for LGA. The driver took me thru Spanish Harlem. At one light several young men approach cab, cat calling, grabbing themselves...Needless to say I was very frightened. Not to mention the cabby drove like a bat out of hell. I was so nauseas by the time reached LGA. I would like to avoid this route in the future. (will be back in city late August, again returning to airport alone) What route should I tell the cabby to take to and from LGA? Thanks in advance.

Lee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red
Re: routes to/from LGA
June 17, 2008 11:13AM
That is the most direct route. Any other route would be less direct, take longer, and potentially be more expensive (by a few dollars.) If you're OK with that, tell the driver to take the BQE to the LIE to the Queens-Midtown tunnel. That will avoid the neighborhood you dislike.
Lee
June 17, 2008 11:02PM
Will do. Thanks!
June 29, 2008 03:23AM
I'm not a New Yorker but I have been there about 4 or 5 times, and my favorite way to get to Laguardia is on the M60 (I believe) bus. It drops you off right in front of the airport's doors. I always catch it on the Upper West Side along Broadway I believe. The bus is cheap and if you already have a Metrocard you can pay with it. I know you can catch the bus right outside the 125th station in Harlem. If I'm wrong about anything I claim not being a New Yorker as my excuse. winking smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 4