Transport Newark Airport - Greyhound Bus Station (Port Authority)

Posted by Denise 
Re: Transport Newark Airport - Greyhound Bus Station (Port Authority)
August 26, 2008 08:54PM
To karan,
www.greyhound.com

To Emma,
Cheapest for how many people?

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
can you tell me how to get from the ny port authority to boston?
Friends,

My wife and I are travelling with light bags to the US. Our flight reaches EWR at 11 AM and we would like to travel to Boston. There are options of catching a cab to JFK and taking a flight to Boston, but it would mean a transfer from EWR to JFK, going thru the cumbersome security check etc. All told, I do not think we would reach Boston before about 5 PM.

I checked AMTRAK also, but it is very slow indeed.

Is there a direct bus service between EWR Airport and Boston? I don't mind the expense, but I would not like to come all the way into NY city and then going to Boston.

Grateful for some quick guidance, please.

Misra
Misra, you will get more responses if you start a new message thread instead of tacking onto a two-year-old one.

Anyway, both United and Continental fly between Newark and Boston. Check their web sites for schedules.
I need to find out the best way to get from the Newark, NJ Greyhound station to the Newark airport? By best I mean what is both quick and cheap. I should arrive on a Monday at about 2pm, and need to be at the airport no later than 5pm, of course my bus could be 1-2hrs late, so which will get me to the airport in less than an hour?
Amazing thing - I am a New Yorker and KNOW that a bus MUST leave from port authority bus terminal. So when my daughter says that her greyhound from Syracuse is arriving at Penn Station I say "No way! Buses go to the port authority bus terminal of course!"

Then I read the greyhound site (which is almost totally unusable unless you intend to buy a ticket.) and it says the greyhound bus will stop at Penn Station NY. Then I call the 800 number (which is slightly less unusable) and it says the bus is coming to NY Penn Station too?

Wow! who knew?

So if greyhound says your bus is coming to Penn station NY, it is coming to Penn Station NY.

Live and learn.
I want to go from Newark Liberty Intl Airport to Philadelphia by Greyhound. Where is nearest Greyhound bus station to Newark Airport? How much would be fare?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 23