Random Fun New York!

Posted by NYCchic 
Random Fun New York!
March 19, 2008 09:41PM
So I have lived in NYC for over 3 years now and I find myself in a (gasp) routine. This is fine, I love my routine however I have realized lately that is all I do, my routine (fave bar, restaurants, etc). This is a problem for me. I live in NY and I should take use of it! I went to see Sound of Music at the Ziegfeld last night and loved it. This got me to thinking, how many NY'ers out there know of great, budget things to do that they keep to themselves? I am on a budget (I pay UWS rent... agh!) but any ideas that are uniquely New York? I am sure there are some great ones. I use the Ziegfeld as an example, so cool, $8 and not something you find many other places! Anyone have faves they wouldn't mind sharing? I'd appreciate it!
Oracle?
Re: Random Fun New York!
March 20, 2008 11:48AM
I'm bummed to have missed Sound of Music! Was it the sing-along? I love that!!!

Anyway, now that spring is here, summer is on its way. There are a gazillion free outdoor things then. Check the Central Park site - www.centralparknyc.org -- and get the schedules for SummerStage, which showcases free international music all summer long.

In the meantime, head up to Harlem on Sunday afternoons for Marjorie Elliot's free jazz salon. This remarkable woman opens her apt. to the public every sunday to listen to free live jazz. www.parlorentertainment.com.
Re: Random Fun New York!
March 20, 2008 03:38PM
I second Miss Marjorie's. Be sure to bring a donation. You will never experience anything else like this.
Tour the Morris Jumel Museum nearby. It is Manhattan's oldest house. A peaceful piece of property.

Oracle, my bag from the museum is right next to my desk as I write. Use it everyday.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 10