the best Italian place?

Posted by Jenn 
the best Italian place?
January 16, 2008 01:17PM
I recently moved to the city (2 years ago) and am still on the hunt for an excellent Italian restaurant. I went to a few places in little Italy, based on spectacular reviews, only to come away disappointed. New Yorkers, where is the best Italian restaurant??
Re: the best Italian place?
January 16, 2008 04:44PM
Re: Italian Restaurant
Posted by: Kelly (pool-96-232-14-158.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 12, 2008 05:14AM

Jenn check this place out and let us know what you think. It was very good. Great cozy atmosphere.

we to Emilio Ballato's last night, and it was really, really good. It's a little "old school" Italian place at 55 E. Houston. Went without reservations at about 6:30. By 7:15 every table was taken (it is a small place, though). The food was excellent...best Italian I've had in awhile. Service also very good. I can only recommend it. We pigged out....two drinks apiece, appetizer, entree, dessert, for both of us, and with tip, the bill was $160. Worth it. The desserts, cheesecake and cannoli, were excellent. everything was!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2008 04:54PM by askanewyorker.
January 08, 2011 07:43AM
I had dinner last night at a place called I Sodi, on Christopher St in the village, and it was excellent, and reasonably priced as well.
It was delicious...the olive oil in particular was so yummy I think you could drink a glass of it, I had a polenta/cheese appetizer that was awesome, and pasta with meat sauce for dinner which was also super tasty. Kennedy agrees, it was great. We got a gift certificate for Xmas so we tried it out, and we'll go back. It's a small place and you definately need reservations.
[nymag.com]
January 11, 2011 01:41PM
I'll second Emilio's Balatto. If you're adventurous try the "trippa" appetizer. Emilio supposedly makes it himself.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 6