Train tickets

Posted by Lee 
Lee
Train tickets
July 06, 2007 12:34PM
Hi, I have a couple more questions regarding transportation in and out of NYC. I will be taking my son to visit Bard and Sarah Lawrence in Aug. I checked the Amtrack schedule, they have a train that goes to Rhinecliff. (closest station to Bard) Question- should I buy the tickets ahead of time, online, or should I purchase them that morning when get to station? I have the same concern about the train to Yonkers out of Grand Central. Although I think I read that they have a train that runs every 30 mins, so seems less necessary to purchase ahead. Any who, thanks for any advice.

Lee
(nervous mom)
Re: Train tickets
July 06, 2007 12:54PM
For Yonkers, the train is the Metro-North railroad. Check their schedule, fares, etc at [www.mta.info]
you don't need to purchase in advance for this

for Amtrak, if you have AAA card, you get a discount when buying at least 3 days in advance

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
Oracle?
July 06, 2007 04:16PM
But do purchase before you get on the train, or you'll pay an extra fee.
Lee
July 07, 2007 09:00AM
ok, will do. Thanks for replies.

Lee
July 07, 2007 09:29AM
Purchasing tickets at Penn Station can be a time consuming and nerve-wracking experience. Best to buy Amtrak via the web for Rhinecliff. Yonkers from Grand Central is easy. One can do it by machine or agent window at Grand Central. I am an alummnus of Bard College and remember when the trains to Rhinecliff departed from Grand Central. Good luck!
July 07, 2007 09:43AM
I always use the self-serve kiosks when purchasing Amtrak tickets. Very simple to use. For some reason, they're hardly ever busy. I guess most people are computer-phobic.

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 8