cab or private car from LGA to Manhattan?

Posted by Lee 
Lee
cab or private car from LGA to Manhattan?
June 30, 2007 01:20PM
Greetings, just found this site, what a font of info for travelers! I have a question regarding airport transport. There will be 3 of us needing transportaion from LGA to Manhattan. Do you suggest grabbing a cab or hiring a private car service? Have heard few nightmare stories about private cars..so little confused at this point. Thanks in advance for any info/opinions.

Lee
Oracle?
Re: cab or private car from LGA to Manhattan?
July 01, 2007 10:18AM
Just go to the cab stand and take a yellow taxi. It'll be around $30-$35 for all of you.
I used a private car to and from LGA on my trip a couple of weeks ago. It was very easy, and realiable. Without tip it was $31 for the 3 of us. I used the the service in the links page here. The link is for Tel Aviv, but they have changed their name to Dial 7.

I made my reservation online for the airport pickup. Once we picked up our luggage I called to say we were ready for pickup. They gave us the car number and description and were there in 15 minutes. We called the night before for the trip to the airport and the guy was there right on time. The drivers are much more professional than the taxi drivers.
Lee
Re: cab or private car from LGA to Manhattan?
July 06, 2007 12:25PM
Thank you for replies. Am thinking will just grab cab, and take my chances. Have not had any bad experiences with cabs when in NYC before.

Lee
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 13?
Online Users

Guests: 8