Best cannoli?

Posted by me3300 
Best cannoli?
June 27, 2007 08:54PM
My husband and I will be visiting next week and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for good cannoli. We're looking for an Italian bakery with a wide variety.

Thanks!
Re: Best cannoli?
June 28, 2007 09:38AM
Caffe Roma in "little Italy" is an old fashioned place with a lot of charm, except maybe the employees. It was a hot day the last time I went and they have no a/c so that might have been the reason for curtness.

I had a very good cannoli there. The have many Italian cookies you an buy by the pound. My favorites are the pignoli cookies (pinon nuts). It's a step back in time, and except for my last vacation visit, a nice place to sit and relax with a cappucino and pastry.
June 28, 2007 09:41AM
Whoops! Here is the address, it's right on the corner.

Caffe Roma
385 Broome St
New York, NY
10013-3961
Phone: (212) 226-8413
how do i hook up my bluetooth? i have new fone and cant get it.
Krissi
July 02, 2007 11:21PM
I'm amazed.

No one has mentioned Veniero's? 342 East 11th Street
July 13, 2007 01:49PM
Or Ferrara's on Grand St?
September 15, 2007 09:45PM
DiRoberti's on first between 10th and 11th (or was it 9th and 10th) for not only the best cannoli and cappucino on the lower east side, but also for the kindest crew and caretakers - once when I lived on east thirteenth street (1980-ish), my toilet was broken for some days in a row(!) and the folks in there never once gave me grief about my going in there repeatedly over the course of several days in a row to take care of business even when I couldn't afford to buy anything. Years later (late eighties), when living up in hell's kitchen, my sweetheart edgardo and I would go there for cappucino ~ I still recall the little steps down at the entrance and the booths and the two big doors in the back, the amazing creations up front...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 14?
Online Users

Guests: 7