Neighboorhoods to avoid @ Night

Posted by Chase S 
Hello New Yorkers! I have been to New York a ton of times but mainly with a group of people. I am going to be visiting with my family in december and january and I was wondering what areas to avoid at night or day at that. I would also like to know some things to do during the Dec 30- jan 5 time!
Traveling with my husband or my daughter, there was never a neighborhood I needed my extra "sense" turned on. We went all over. New York is the safest city of its size in the U.S.
Agreed. The dangerous neighborhoods left are ones that no tourist would accidentally find him or herself in, they're very off the beaten path ... east flatbush, brownsville, ocean hill, south jamaica, parts of bushwick and bed-stuy, parts of the north shore of staten island ... though I wouldn't actually STAY in east harlem or downhill washington heights.
Re: Neighboorhoods to avoid @ Night
June 05, 2007 10:30AM
Where is "downhill Washington Heights"?
You know. Down the hill. As opposed to the nice part of Washington Heights, the part from 180th to 190th along Fort Washington/Pinehurst/Cabrini.

Nice = 187th & Fort Washington (up hill)

Nasty = 187th and "Juan Pablo Duarte Boulevard" ... uh, I mean St. Nicholas (down hill)

Though I guess you could also say West vs East of Broadway.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 11?
Online Users

Guests: 3