Top 4 restaurants???

Posted by bailey 
Top 4 restaurants???
March 17, 2007 01:12PM
Hi all,

Am very excited as have just booked a 4 night stay at the Hudson hotel, (356 West 58th Street) the last weekend in April. Its our 1st time in New york and as we are only there for 4 nights are looking to have 4 fab' dinners in 4 different restaurants. We would appriciate any recomendations as there are so many places to eat, we don't want to choose the wrong place.Also if we need to make advanced bookings?? Please help.
Oracle?
Re: Top 4 restaurants???
March 17, 2007 01:34PM
You've got to give us a bit of help here. What kind of places are you looking for? Budget? Elegant or casual? Cuisine?

Take a look through menupages.com, where you can read reviews and see sample menus (with outdated prices). Two of the city's finest restaurants are near your hotel. Per Se and Le Bernardin.
March 17, 2007 04:04PM
Sorry, Well I,m not sure.Something different each night.
An expensive stylish/formal one
one fun place,
maybe something stylish and modern and
somewhere that you could only find in New York???
March 17, 2007 10:00PM
Hello,

I love visiting New York, and if you like pizza, something you should try is Lombardi's Best pizza I've ever had.
March 18, 2007 07:10AM
Tao, on 58th St between Park and Madison. [www.taorestaurant.com]
this would be a "trendy" place to go. It is Asian food, thai, japanese, chinese. I've been there only once, but it was quite good. definately make a reservation (and ask if you can be seated upstairs)
March 19, 2007 02:03PM
One of my favorites is Vong on East 54th at Third Avenue. One of Jean-Georges Vongerichten's first of many restaurants in Manhattan and a bit pricey. The cuisine is fusion—purportedly French with a strong Asian flair. The ingredients are invariably interesting and first class. I'm a food guy. But what amazes me most is that from the combinations of ingredients in the menu descriptions it isn't easy to anticipate the taste of the finished dish. The food makes for an amazing experience.
March 19, 2007 06:44PM
Thankyou all - some good info so far. We want to plan where to eat at night, so we can see some good restaurants. In the day we'll just eat wherever we are. Am trying to plan our dayS as much as possible so that we can cram as much into 4 days as we can. Any more ideas????
April 03, 2007 04:15PM
Colors is on my list for my next visit. The did a piece on Sunday Morning. All the employees are owners, and they all came from Windows which was in the World Trade Center.

[www.colors-nyc.com]

It is not near The Hudson, but in my opinion, not far either.
April 07, 2007 09:12PM
bailey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all,
>
> Am very excited as have just booked a 4 night stay
> at the Hudson hotel, (356 West 58th Street) the
> last weekend in April. Its our 1st time in New
> york and as we are only there for 4 nights are
> looking to have 4 fab' dinners in 4 different
> restaurants. We would appriciate any
> recomendations as there are so many places to eat,
> we don't want to choose the wrong place.Also if we
> need to make advanced bookings?? Please help.

For an excellent and somewhat pricey steak restaurant, I recommend Wolfgang's on Park ave. Very elegant atmosphere.
You can also try Keens, Sparks, or Del Frisco's. All excellent choices.

For French cusine, which is always expensive, I recommend either Daniel on E 65th st, or my real favorite is Jean-George's in Trump Intnl Tower @ Columbus Circle. Their both expensive. A pre-fixed meal is $95 per person, with the 5 course $125. The atmosphere & service in my opinion is better at Jean-George's, although either are excellent dining experiences.
I assure that either way, you will not go home hungry.

Jeff
April 08, 2007 03:57AM
Wow, I'm in England at the moment it's 10 am on Easter Sunday and I,m at work in a hotel at the moment. But reading the menu's of some of the for mentioned restaurants is making me hungry. Can't wait for New York!!!!!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 6